Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Most popular songs

Ok, so I'm going back to the whole best Police song debate from a couple of weeks ago. It occurred to me that there is one more easy way to add some judgment here. Go to YouTube! More specifically, I'm going to type in 'police' into the search window and see which video is most popular. And the winner is: Roxanne.
This isn't a perfect method of course. It gives a major boost to singles and people could be watching for the video rather than the song, though probably not with that video. Out of curiosity, I decided to see how some other groups stack up.

Sting - Shape of My Heart
U2 - One
Beatles - Hey Jude
REM - Losing My Religion
Elvis - Always on My Mind

Um, after seeing those results I'm thinking that this method must be truly flawed.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Flawed is right.

Meigan said...

Hmmm.

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
Stevie Nicks - Landslide
Cat Stevens - Wild World

Ok so far...

then:
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
Duran Duran - Come Undone
Liz Phair - Why Can't I?
ENOUGH! ENOUGH! VERY FLAWED!!