Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Playoff Weather in Minnesota

Ran across this article that talks about possible weather here in October during the baseball playoffs. The takeaway is that it's a touch colder on average but there is no special reason to think that any particular day would be problematic. Which sounds about right to me.
When I think of October I think of warm afternoons and evenings that tend towards chilly. The occasional bit of rain and at least one bout of wind that knocks down all of the pretty leaves. First snow right around Thanksgiving but can be a bit earlier.
However, do you remember when the first snowfall in Minnesota was last year? Well, according to my blog it was October 12th. To quote myself:
It looked like a March blizzard. Beautiful, if totally out of place. Or at least out of time. The second week of October shouldn't feature snow that actually sticks to the ground.
October 12th. Which, if you're scoring from home, is less than three weeks from now. Holy cats, I'm not ready for snow!
But it would make for beautiful TV . . .

No comments: