Thursday, March 22, 2012

Overheard

While driving home today I told Relia that I have an aunt and a couple of cousins in California that I never get to see. She decided we should go visit them.

Me: So you want a vacation in California?
Relia: Yes. We can live in a hotel!
Me: And where else should we go?
Relia: Have you forgotten Hawaii? That we're going to Hawaii?
Me: Oh, that's right. Where else?
Relia: To Jamaica. We can see Pop Pop there.
Me: Sounds good. Anywhere else?
Relia: To Alabama.
Me: (pause) Why Alabama?
Relia: So I can meet some new people. (pause) And learn a new language!

To the good people of Alabama (Alabamans? Alabamists? Alabami?), I have no idea what she is talking about. She went on listing and included Iowa and Paris. Dare to dream, right?

2 comments:

DD4 said...

Well, if the Hawaii trip is in the future, may I tag along, please?

Barbara said...

Ken says, "If you've ever been to Alabama, it is a foreign language.