Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Day Jeopardy Story

The FP Gal asked me this and I think I'll share it here. Each day on Jeopardy, contestants share a story from their past. She asked me what story I'd go with on my first day, with the possibility that I'd lose out and only get to tell the one story. After some discussion we decided that I'd have to go with the taxi in Paris story. If you don't remember it, here's a sample:
So we decided to take a cab. Paris has little taxi stands placed here and there. The cabs queue up and take their fares hither and yon. We found a stand and climbed in. I tried out my French and asked the driver to go to our hotel, near the Eiffel tower. He seemed uncertain but gamely made his way toward that part of the city. Halfway there we realized that this wasn't a taxi.
That's right! This guy pulled over to the curb and two crazy Americans climbed into the back of his car.
The other two stories we thought of were the surprise wedding and the costume that got us down to Mexico (click the link if you don't know that story).

So now I give this challenge to you. Please figure out what story you'd go with on your first day on Jeopardy and post it on your blog!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Is it supposed to be funny, ironic, or what? Most of my stories are only funny to recovering alcoholics. Ha!

Peder said...

Funny, ironic, spectacular, whatever. But only something that you'd be comfortable with a nationwide audience knowing. Probably not the story about the shoes...

Hans said...

I would tell about that time that Chris and I went to the Source and he bought something for like $12 and they charged him $112 and he had to go back to have them fix the charge. That's the story that I would tell.

I would tell you to go to Wikipedia for more details of the above event, but the good folks at Wikipedia deleted it.

Kate said...

What? A nationwide audience doesn't want to hear about what I packed to go to treatment? Two pairs of underwear and nine pairs of shoes? That's FUNNY! Or when I fell off a cliff at a State Park because I was so drunk? Sigh. I got nothin'.