Monday, May 14, 2007

Can't crack the top 1000

So I took Mom to see 'The Queen' yesterday. My interest level in the royal family is low but I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. (Very well done, well acted and an unsual view into a very alien world.) Anyway, I was curious enough about some of the background to the movie that I looked it up on Wikipedia. Yes, she probably could have diagnosed a broken car.
Anyway, a few clicks brought me to the line of succession to the British throne. The list only goes to 1269 people. No word on what happens if the top 1300 all die. Unfortunatly, my family seems to have been left off so any hope I had of being king of England is out the window. (Frankly, I don't really have the height for it. Or the ears.)
Still...if the FP Gal ever decides to get rid of me I may have to look up Sophie Lacelles, number 47 on the list.

2 comments:

Hans said...

One of us would be #53 if it wasn't for this:

skipped Martin Lascelles (b.1962), legitimated nephew of the Earl of Harewood, and his descendants

Bastard.

Peder said...

So close! Oh well, what can you do?