Friday, May 04, 2007

Great ice cream


The FP Gal got an urge for strawberries last night so we made a quick trip to the supermarket. As soon as we arrived, I announced that we were also getting ice cream and she couldn't stop me. (This confused her as she almost never tries to stop me from buying food, my being an adult and all.)
After a quick search for the perfect container of strawberries, it was off to the freezer aisle. I always do a quick search to see if Eddy's has come to their senses and brought back the perfect ice cream but no such luck. (Fools! They shall pay for their insolence!) Ok, so no peanut-butter, banana and chocolate. Anything with banana at all? A couple of things but they were tainted with nuts and therefore out of the question.
On to the Haagen-Dazs and this little creature: Brazilian Acai Berry Sorbet. I quickly called over the FP Gal, "What's an acai berry? Is it a-sigh or a-kai?" She didn't know either but she read the label and it mentioned something about blueberrys and blackberrys. It immeadiatly went to the top of my list.
After an eternity (I can't rush shopping for ice cream), we bought our stuff and went home to eat. How was it? It's pretty darn good. Great berry taste without overwhelming you with tartness. The FP Gal liked it too. Said it was subtle. I'm pretty happy with it.
Expect it to disappear forever in two weeks.

4 comments:

Test said...

Are you sure you aren't the one who is preggers? Cravings for banana in ice cream. I don't know, Peder, I think Sarah's pregnancy is rubbing off on you. Hope everyone is well.

Sarita said...

If those cravings are the indicator, then Peder's been pregnant for years!

Brian said...

ummmm I will have to look for that!

Peder said...

If being pregnant means I get banana ice cream then sign me up!