Friday, May 11, 2007

Online dating

Ran across this article about a man trying to find a boyfriend for his nannie (h/t the Corner). Some salty language but not terrible. He helped her create an online profile and then took over the writing duties in talking with men. Some of his discoveries are interesting.
People that I talk to are always surprised that the FP Gal and I met online. Part of me misses reading the profiles because it really is a peek into someone's life that you just don't get in any other way. This was especially true late on a weekend night when a search for who was online was a little heartbreaking. The sense of lonliness was strong.
Don't worry, I have zero interest in getting back in the dating game. Very happy with where I'm at. But the real truth is that online dating taught me some lessons about life that nothing in the previous 30 years had been able to do. Can't recommend it enough.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Worked for us.

carrster said...

hee hee - worked for us too!