Saturday, May 26, 2007

Matchsticks and Grandma

The FP Gal and I just had a brief discussion about Big League Chew. She wanted to know if I remembered it, and I did. I compared it to candy cigarettes and suggested that you really should try to light them. Ruins the taste. Yes, I did just that and she wanted to know how old I was. Eight or nine I think.
A quick look of horror on her face and then she remembered. "That's right. Your Grandma gave you matches to play with."
Yep. When I'd go to visit my Grandma in the summer, she'd buy me two boxes of Blue Diamond matches and turn me loose in the driveway. I'd build little houses and burn them down. Little forts and burn them down. Create trails of matches. And burn them down. Lots of fun!
The FP Gal just might have some guidelines for grandparents when they're babysitting.

No comments: