Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bonds hits 756

Video here. For the record, I fully believe that he cheated to get there. I don't believe that he didn't know what his trainer was giving him. I think this record is tainted and will be remembered as such.
I don't ask my athletes to be angels. I'm not looking for them on tips of how to behave. Nor do I see them as role models for children, except maybe as proving the negative case. I do expect them to keep to the convention of true competition where they give it their all without chemical enhancements.
There is a growing theme in baseball that A-Rod will probably break the record in a few years. This morning millions of Americans woke up and turned on the news, saw the Bonds home run and became A-Rod fans.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I will enjoy the day the truth comes out and Bonds is striped of this record... or when someone else breaks his record. Go A-Rod.