Saturday, August 04, 2007

Where's the baby?

Everyday that I go into work, my arrival is met with dozens (literally) of people say something like "No baby yet?". I want to respond with something like "Do you see a baby? I'm still here aren't I?", but I know that they're just being nice and I don't want to be mean to them. This has been followed by showers of advice on how to bring labor on. Yesterday I had to remind them that we still have some time to go so we're not in a desperate place yet.
In fact, we've become pretty patient over the whole thing. I no longer try to read the FP Gal's random pains and sensations. We just don't know the signs well enough to know what they mean. When the water breaks or we get regular contractions, we'll start to worry.
Everything is going well and she's feeling fine, if uncomfortable.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Yes, but today is the day I picked, so if you could just try a few tricks....

MamaD4 said...

I have a recipe for lentil curry stew that worked for me!