Thursday, August 30, 2007

What did we do today?

today. We got all of our stuff together (which only took about 45 min; we're improving!). We put the stroller in the trunk. The We were going to take our first trip to the MOAFP Gal tried out the front seat and committed to staying there for the whole trip.
Got around the block and both of us thought the car felt different. Drifted over to the curb to take a look. Yep, the front driver side tire was flat. Not pancake but soggy. Oh well, at least we were close to home.
Drove back to our seldom used driveway so I could change the tire. Never have done that with this car so there was lots of looking around for the jack and figuring our exactly what type of tire fitting I had. The manual was a big help. So was Relia.
Anyway, got it all replaced with the spare. Couldn't figure out quite how the jack had been assembled so just put the pieces next to each other in the trunk. Interestingly, the battery is back there too. Didn't know that!
While I was working with the jack, the FP Gal mowed about two stripes of lawn. Afterwards we both decided we were too tired to actually go out and walk somewhere. Relia didn't care much. She just wanted to be inside away from bugs and the evil moths. The FP Gal's fears over West Nile might have worried her too. So a vote was taken and I went and got drive thru for lunch. That was our outing today.

4 comments:

carrster said...

Man - that is one smart girl you've got there! Maybe she can teach me how to change a tire someday. :)

DD4 said...

I'm glad you have such a good attitude about things, Peder. Some people in the same situation would have gotten mad. Don't ask me why, they just would. Glad you could change the tire.

Aurelia looked so cute reading the car manual. I'm sure anxious to see her!!!

Brian said...

We had a flat this week too. Aurelia looks much more helpful than Brain was.

carrster said...

I KNEW I needed her advice! Check out my post from today. Ay yi yi.