Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Random Wednesday morning thoughts

  • There is nothing better in the world for a housecat than an open window. Unless it's a window with a bird perched nearby it.
  • Why is 'Wednesday's child filled with woe'? It seems a perfectly nice day of the week to be born on. I'd bet the most healthy and adjusted children of all were born on Wednesdays. What day of the week did I finally arrive on? Do you need to ask?
  • It's a slow time at work, which is nice. High vacation times are when we hit slow spots. As soon as the kids go back to school we get killed for a few months. Same thing happens between New Years and spring break.
  • My wonderful mother-in-law came over yesterday to keep the FP Gal company. While she was here she tackled the weeds that were taking over parts of our yard. With the FP Gal not able to do yard work, it's mostly fallen on me. And frankly, I'm terrible at it. The yard looks great now. Thanks!
  • I don't feel all that bad about the yard work thing. I was very up front with the FP Gal about my flaws when she met me. She knows that I'm well suited to live in a condo where I don't have to worry about the yard. Or ever painting the walls or that type of thing. I'm just not a useful person. I'm here for decorative purposes. (And back scratches.)
  • That's it!

1 comment:

DD4 said...

In checking an old calendar, I learned that Sarah was also born on a Wednesday.