Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baseball coming...

Well, eventually it'll be here. They've had an extended spring training due to the WBC and it's thrown off my baseball rhythm. Today, WGN had the only White Sox game they'll show this spring with the their broadcasters so I had to watch. The FP Gal watched with me for about ten minutes before she said that she missed football because the game is faster paced.
I don't remember if I mentioned it or not but we sprung for the package that lets me watch games on my computer. I've seen some spring training but the regular season is supposed to be of higher quality. The best part of it is that it acts like a DVR so I don't have to watch games live. The plus is that I can watch late at night after the FP Gal has gone to bed.
The consensus of forecasters is that there is no true favorite in the AL Central this year. I personally don't know what to expect either. My hope is that the White Sox win it all and failing that, I'd like them to be competitive all season.
One other storyline is that one of my favorite players of recent years, Joe Crede, is now with the Twins. (I can't help it, I love good glovemen.) He's had back trouble the past few years which is why the Sox let him go. Can't imagine that the Metrodome will be kind to that. With the exception of the games against my boys, I wish him luck.

No comments: