Monday, March 09, 2009

Exercise

Now that Thanksgiving is finally over (and the cable is reduced), the Wii has gotten some more use lately. I've been stress eating at work for the last couple of months and I can feel it. Not that I'm hyper conscious about my weight (and not that anyone else is closely paying attention either) but it's good to keep tabs on it, right?
Well, one of the reasons we got the Wii was so that we would have some kind of 'get up and move around' entertainment. We were good with it last summer but not so much after Relia started moving around more. She doesn't like it when she can't play and if you dare to use the balance board, she pushes and pulls you off of it. Very cute, but not easy to play with. So now we wait until she's down and make an effort to play at night.
Tonight we boxed against each other. Holy cats did that feel wrong! Especially during the replay where I punched the FP Gal in the head and she buckled like she was shot. We quickly switched to our other Miis and had a Tigger vs Clint Eastwood match. Much better.
I don't know if this will last but for the time being we're doing it and having fun.

3 comments:

Meigan said...

I've been using ours a lot lately, too. I forget how much fun it is!

Pat said...

That sounds much more fun than a treadmill. Walking outside now is treacherous. I think it is a good alternative. I wonder if I would like something like the Wii. Cautious though because it might seem like a good idea now but then would I really use it--like the treadmill we just got rid of. I enjoyed watching you play tennis on the ship. I tried the hula hoop at the state fair and failed miserably.

Kate said...

There are some people I would totally love to punch in the head. Am I the only one in the universe without a Wii?