Sunday, March 08, 2009

Thanksgiving in March

Last November we ran into a strange situation regarding Thanksgiving. My parents were both many time zones away and the FP Gal's folks were heading out of town, too. That limited our family options, though not badly and we had a wonderful time with some of my relatives.
We missed our parents but that wasn't all we missed. Ever since the FP Gal and I got together I've noticed just how much she enjoys preparing the meal with her father. The two of them work well together and woe to anyone else who dares enter their kitchen. On my urging, the FP Gal got a turkey. They really are so cheap that time of year that it's tough to pass them up. We've had it down in our freezer and today we're (finally) going to cook that bird up.
We've invited our folks so that we can eat with them. We've cleaned the house (and it's breathtaking how many toys Relia has). We joked about putting some football on to make it feel more like Thanksgiving. Due to the remote control's disappearance, we have been forced to do just that.
I'll post pictures later. In the mean time, take some time today to be thankful for something. We will.

3 comments:

carrster said...

What a great idea! Happy Eating!

DD4 said...

Peder, it was a wonderful time being with everyone at your home! I'm thankful for you and your precious family.

Kate said...

That is awesome! I'm all about celebrating holidays on non-holiday days. We celebrate every family anniversary/birthday/cause for a cake on family vacation in August each year. It's a week of parties.