Saturday, July 24, 2010

Resolution Achieved

The FP Gal and I took advantage of a Relialess night to watch 'Casablanca'. You may recall that I resolved to have her watch it this year. A very enjoyable film and it was good to see it again.
I'm guessing that it's the most quotable movie ever. Or at least the oldest great quotable movie. More recent greats like 'Caddyshack' and 'Princess Bride' are decades younger. Actually, I'm trying to think of any movie made since 1970 that has provided quotes that other films used for a title like 'Casablanca' did for 'The Usual Suspects'. Can any of you think of one?

1 comment:

Meigan said...

No. But for some reason Apocalypse Now and Ferris Bueller's Day Off pop into my mind. My brother & I quoted Ferris Bueller endlessly this past weekend - I haven't had so much fun in a long time.