Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Let me tell you about my day:
  • It started well with a nice long stay in bed. Then downstairs and a big hug from Relia. She really has become a top notch hugger. Just flies right at you and picks up her feet at the end. The the FP gal had her bring me a package and a card. The package featured peanut butter cups and the card was signed by both of them.
  • When Relia took her morning nap I had some breakfast and then up to read (and a brief nap of my own). Very nice and practically my favorite morning routine.
  • Then we met the FP Gal's family at Outback for lunch. Good conversation and possibly the tenderest cheeseburger I've ever eaten. Relia was especially cute and after she ate we sat next to each other and played.
  • Back home and I watched my White Sox beat the Reds 4-1. The FP Gal watched the last inning with me and that's always fun. Some people are bothered when questions are asked during a game but I kind of thrive on it.
  • More reading and then the dinner for Relia. After she was tucked into bed I made a pizza for myself. One of the best on the frozen dinner market but I won't mention it for fear that they'll discontinue.
A very nice day and I can't thank the FP Gal enough. She really went all out to make the day special. Thanks hon!

1 comment:

DD4 said...

I'm glad you were honored by your daughter and wife.