Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Transformers Movie

The new Transformers movie has been roundly panned and I don't plan on seeing it. Did see something interesting today though. The full title is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. (Why do movie studios do this? Just call the dern thing Transformers 2 and be done with it. You're not adding any value by giving it a subtitle. You just aren't.)
Anyway, I'm seeing the title abbreviated as Transformers: ROTF. In modern textspeak 'ROTF' means 'rolling on the floor' and it usually means 'I'm laughing so hard that I'm rolling on the floor'. I don't know how deliberate the chosen title was but 'Transformers: Rolling on the Floor' is a great title. (For some reason I can picture Kevin Bacon in it.) It made me wonder about other possible good movie subtitles for Transformers 2:
  • When Teamates Fall
  • Optimus Makes Good
  • Living on Love
  • Keeping The Halo X-ray Beyond All Interns
  • In My Hellish Others

4 comments:

Kate said...

Peder, you make me laugh.

Peder said...

I'm glad someone thought this was funny.

Hans said...

I wish they'd explore Optimus Prime's Jewish background a little more in the next movie. It's like they're embarrassed to mention it or something.

Peder said...

I forgot "None Say, Fear Weasels".