Monday, June 29, 2009

Random Monday night thoughts

Let's see what we've got tonight...
  • We have an old fashioned box shaped TV. We plan to have this TV for awhile, until it breaks or an absolutely great deal on flat screens. Probably. We've noticed that more and more shows are formatted for the wide angle and that means that the ends are cut off. I'm kind of afraid for what football games will look at this fall.
  • It's been about four months since we reduced our cable. Obviously we've gotten by somehow. I do miss some of the other channels. The sports and the movies. And especially the music channels.
  • Speaking of music, I-Tunes has added to their library. I complained that I couldn't get this or this. Now I have them. And this one gets stuck in the FP Gal's head.
  • BTW, this is my new favorite video of Relia. Last night's dinner featured plenty of tongue wagging.
That's it!

2 comments:

carrster said...

I've noticed the tv-shape thing too. It irks me because I would rather have "the bars" on top & bottom to have it properly fitted for widescreen then to have things cut off...but I am of the last century and hence no new tv for me (yet). I may be buying one from my company though (soon!) because we need to upgrade there! Whohooo!

Steve said...

I just cancelled cable this week. All of it. It is all gone. No cable, no HD package, no DVR, no movies-on-demand. As you can imagine, it wasn't my idea (although I did agree to it - reluctantly).

Now I turn on my TV and get sad. It is so underutlized. The 1080p res, 120 MHz refresh rate, the 47 inches, all wasted on quasi-HD digital broadcasts coming in on my antenna...

At least I got to watch Game 7 of the Stanley Cup before I cancelled it. HD is made for hockey. And hey, now my phone/cable/internet bill is 33% of what it was last month. That's good, right?