Thursday, June 04, 2009

Where in the World scoreboard

Round eight answers:

36. Sydney Opera House, Sydney Australia
37. (Blue Mountains, Australia)
38. (Church of St George, Lalibela Ethiopia)
39. Great Sphinx, Giza Egypt
40. Twelve Apostles, Victoria Australia (I'm accepting sea stacks, since that describes the structures)

Which brings the final scores to:

Michelle 26
Hans 6
Jen 2
Carrie 2
Mom 2

Since this is the end and the score is pretty well settled, I filled in the last two answers. For the record, the church in Lalibela was featured in an Amazing Race episode a few years back. They carved it out of rock and it's fairly impressive. The Blue Mountains were a tough one and the only way I got it was by cracking the code of the contest. Almost all of these sites are Unesco World Heritage Sites. Once I figured that out, it was simply a process of looking through lists until finding a match. Michelle, I'm curious if you did the same thing...
Speaking of Michelle, congratulations on a truly impressive win! I'll have your prize together sometime in the next couple of days.
I hope everyone enjoyed this. I'm thinking of doing it again later this summer. I have loved this one each time they've done it at work. Not only do you get to see some beautiful spots, but you also get to stretch your cultural trivia mucsles. And maybe plan out some future vacations...

1 comment:

AML said...

I hadn't recognized the Unesco connection--I did it all with brute force web searching. It would have been much more difficult without the Google image search!