Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gorgeous weather

Today has been beautiful. 70 degrees and sunny. Usually these days are accompanied by gale force winds but we didn't even have those today. It really does feel like winter is behind us. I've known many a year that we still had snow on the ground come May day but that doesn't seem likely.
Relia and I went for a walk around the neighborhood today and gave the FP Gal a chance to rearrange the furniture. She needs to do this every few weeks or she goes stir crazy. It was a nice walk but I think our little baby was a little sun-touched by the end of it. She got a good nap afterwards though!
Another sure sign of nice weather, the ice cream truck has started going up and down our street once an hour. The crystal clear tones of 'La Cucaracha' are even now floating through our open windows. Who doesn't want to listen to that song more often? The FP Gal won't let me drop spikes for his tires. I'm thinking that paintball shots to the windshield might give a clear message but she won't let me do that either. Any suggestions?
The cats are also enjoying the nice weather. They've spent most of the afternoon out on the front porch, laying in various sunbeams. We've also (finally) opened up some windows for them. If there is reincarnation, I hope to come back as a housecat with a kindly owner. Doesn't that seem like the best life?
Seriously, this month or so is my favorite of Minnesota's weather. It's truly a blessing.

5 comments:

Brian said...

We are happy for you... I wish we could say the same.

MamaD4 said...

Grrr. I hate the ice cream truck too. There was one in San Diego that WAS always in our development. For some reason, the sound of that music just creeps me out...I think I had the unreasonable fear that it was being manned by creepy clowns.

I have rational fears.

carrster said...

I wish that Duluth had nice spring weather. When you guys are having 70's we're having 40's and winds off the lake. Blech.

Kate said...

Saturday was like that here in SD. Beautiful sunshine and no wind. It was crazy. Yesterday however? Gale force winds. I went out to my friends' farm and the kids literally hung onto a rope from the house to the barn, like in Little House on the Prairie.

Ice Cream Truck? Ha! Find a way to break the cooling mechanism. Melty ice cream doesn't sell very well.

Meigan said...

My ice cream truck growing up in Wisconsin played Brahm's lullabye. I could hear it for MILES. To this day when I hear that song all I can think of is bomb pops...