Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL Draft

As the FP Gal mentioned, today is the first day of the NFL draft. She is so excited that she felt the need to wake up early this morning and write about it. (Relia was so excited that she couldn't help but standing up in her crib at 1a!) I was excited about it until the Vikes traded away most of their first day draft picks for Jared Allen. I'm thrilled about the trade but one (small) negative is that it takes away their drama today.
When they had the 17th pick, I was hoping that they'd pick up a QB or a DE. Now that their first pick is in the second round, 47th overall, the emphasis changes. They have some definite needs (QB, WR, DE O-line depth), they can afford to take a best-player-available approach.
It wouldn't bother me if they traded up a bit and got Brian Brohm or Chad Henne. Other than that, I probably won't know the names at all. In the end, I'll have to trust that the Vikes have some idea of what they're doing. After last year, I think I can do that.

No comments: