Monday, April 14, 2008

Random Monday night thoughts

  • That whole thing with AA last week? It was the FAA's fault. Hope the airline doesn't suffer too badly. Speaking of airlines, it looks like hometown NWA is on the way out. Talk about the end of an era.
  • The FP Gal just asked me if we're down to two airlines for the country then. When (if) the merger goes through we'll be down to five big ones (UA, AA, US, DL and CO), six medium ones (WN, FL, AS, F9, YX and B6) and about three dozen small ones. Each size serves it's own purpose and it's anyone's guess what the field will look like in 2018. I'm guessing fewer big ones and more medium. The look of Europe has changed tremendously and here's a good article if that interests you.
  • Bonus points to anyone that can translate all of the airline codes above. There are some that might even be challenging for our resident air traffic controller.
  • Non airline stuff? Guess what Relia went to day care in today. Pajamas! My defense is that I couldn't find a shirt that would fit her.
  • Speaking or Relia, she had an interesting encounter with Ozzie the other morning. He was sitting on the stool in the kitchen watching what was going on and I was holding her nearby. I brought her close so they could interact and I could show her how to pet him. She grabbed hold of the skin on the top of his head and just held on. Poor guy was getting all bug eyed and everything but he didn't snarl or swipe at her. He's a very understanding cat.
  • Just for the heck of it, here's more Selma Hayek.
  • Tonight should be the last cold night. At least that's what my coworkers are telling me. Man, it seems like this winter has been going forever. Let's turn that corner and enjoy some spring.
  • That's all.

7 comments:

Meigan said...

Good Lord, Peder. What's with you & Selma Hayak? Doesn't it drive your wife nuts?

Married adults just don't have fantasies about people they can't have, like Brett Favre or someone like that, you know?

Hans said...

Having fantasies about Brett Favre is like having fantasies about Rainman or I Am Sam.

It's sick.

Peder said...

I don't think she's bothered by my admiration of Selma. She's certainly not threatened or anything like that. Plus, Selma never never never throws an interception during a key moment in the game.

carrster said...

I wish you had posted a picture of 'Relia in her PJs! :) hee hee. I was just imagining you running around trying to dress her in non-pjs and then saying SCREW IT! :)

Brian said...

I can do all the large airlines. I don't know any of the mediums. We use 3 letters for everyone.

Sarita said...

Are you kidding? I'd do Selma Hayak

Peder said...

That's why I love you, honey.