Friday, June 20, 2008

White Sox - Cubs

Today starts the White Sox true biggest rivalry. (I know plenty of Twins fans consider themselves the biggest but it just isn't so. The FP Gal tells me that the Twins have a commercial now that includes some line about not letting your child grow up to be a White Sox fan. Yeah, it would have sucked for them to be champs in '05. They also would have missed out on the wonderful sense of moral superiority that Twin's bloggers seem to get but those are the breaks.)
Anyway, this afternoon the Sox go up north to Wrigley and play the Cubs. The history of the rivalry has been that the less successful team somehow wins and turns their season around. Both teams are among the winningest in baseball so far so they don't really fit that pattern.
Two years ago there was a big brawl between the two at Wrigley. The competition between the fans is always intense. Yes, I'm excited.

Go Sox!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Go Sox!!! After much searching I found a Sox maternity shirt. I should get it in the mail today. I wish I could wear it to work.