Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bachelor weekend

My weekend alone is coming to a close. Even now the FP Gal is making her way back north from Iowa with Relia. It's been almost a year since I've had one of these and it's possible that this is the last one for many years to come.
I didn't do anything terribly crazy. I've been trying to buy the rest of the Hugo books with a heavy bias towards getting used books. To that end I went to four different used book stores this weekend. Picked up two Booker prize winners, a comet hunting memoir and 'Pillars of the Earth' but no Hugos.
Been hoping to get at least the pre-90's books used. I'm short three books from the 60's and two from the 70's. There is a pretty good chance that they just aren't available in any local used book store. And Powell's is too far away (darn it). To make it worse, Mt Hood is out (double darn it).
It was a quiet weekend. I did get some stuff done around the house. The hated lawn is mowed. The dishes are clean. The kitties are fed.
And best of all, I miss baby and wife and am anxious to see them again.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You're just like me with the books. I think we should start a support group.

carrster said...

I think your last sentence is the sweetest. :)