Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Favre in Purple...?

It's going to happen and I'm trying to wrap my head around it. The timeline was something like:

April 27th - The Jets release Favre so he can 'retire'.
April 28th through May 4th - Favre insists that he isn't coming back. Vikes coach Brad Childress says team is looking at options.
May 5th - Reports are that Favre and Childress are meeting together later in the week.
May 11th? - Vikes call press conference to announce signing.

Ugh. I said last year that I didn't want him and nothing has changed my mind about that. I cheered against the man for almost two decades and now I'm supposed to cheer for him? Just because he can't make up his mind doesn't mean that a rational fan base has to change theirs.

6 comments:

Jen said...

rational fanatic? How exactly does that work?

Peder said...

It takes careful balance.

MamaD4 said...

Yay, I won't have to watch ANY football this year! YAY!!

carrster said...

Ugh, no kidding. Why can't we get a GOOD YOUNG FRESH QB?!?!?!? Sheesh!

Alfred T. Mahan said...

[Luke Skywalker] That's not true...that's IMPOSSIBLE![/Luke]

MamaD4 said...

I can't believe this, but I actually BROKE this news to Hans...

I thought something of this magnitude would have reached him in Kabul by now!