Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bald Presidents (and other notables)

Ran across this at Fresh Pics. It's a reimagined set of US Dollars, this time the Presidents are without hair. Interestingly (and I'm sure my wife would agree) almost all of them look better! Check out Grant especially.
Btw, I don't expect the 'bald ceiling' to be broken any time soon. Before then we will almost certainly have a woman president, an openly gay president and (possibly) an openly Mormon president before we have a more aerodynamic one.

4 comments:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Given the prevalence of wigs among the Founding Fathers, many of the early occupiers of the White House were, in fact, bald on top, so we've already had some smooth-skinned Oval Office occupants.

Alos, not to nitpick, but two of those guys weren't Presidents. Just sayin'.

Peder said...

Andrew, that's why I said other notables. And (to nitpick back) Franklin was the President of the Illuminated Gnomes of Philadelphia and Hamilton was President of New York Area Sportshooting Association. (At least that's what I learned from Wikipedia...)

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Mea maxima culpa.

I will say that, in many ways, I'd prefer to be governed by someone who was president of the Illuminated Gnomes than, say, a professional politician, but that's just me. If nothing else, the looks on foreign heads of state would be marvelous.

Peder said...

Marvelous and well lit.