Daily bits of my life. Friday pictures. And a neverending series of reading projects.
Preakness 2009
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Every year I make a big deal about the Derby and forget about the Preakness. This year was a pretty good race. (Btw, Relia loves watching these guys run. We may need to take her to the track this summer...)
The Who didn't bother me at all yesterday. They sounded good enough that we wondered if there was some dubbing going on. And the stage was pretty cool. It wasn't my style of music but (for all the gripping I've been reading today) they sounded fine. Maybe next year they can get someone more hip and today like . . . the Glenn Miller Orchestra!
One of my beliefs in regard to the quality of movies is that it takes some time to really tell what was good and what wasn't. Some movies give a quick 'wow' but they don't age well. Others bug you on the first viewing, but keep gnawing at you to rewatch. Ten years should be enough time to really have the handle on a year's worth of films. With your help, I'm going to try and figure out what movie was the best of the year 2000. Here is what I want, please nominate some of the best movies from that year. I'm aiming to create a list of ten dramas and five comedies. Please leave a comment with up to five contenders. I'll compile a list and we'll narrow it down to the finalists so we can start reviewing in January. The list will be open so you can watch along. The more nominations the better so don't be shy! I'm going to put a few rules in place to keep it from being crazy. The movie must be out on DVD. I'm hoping that won't be t...
As you doubtlessly know, airports are known by a unique three letter code. Traditional initials also have three letters. I propose a game. Go here , to an airport code website and enter your initials. Then come back and leave a comment regarding which city you are connected to. The person with the largest city wins! I'll start (and create examples). PGD (me) - Punta Gorda, FL (per Wikipedia the population is 16,762) ARD (Relia) - Alor Island, Indonesia (Wikipedia puts the population at 168,000) FPG (FP Gal) - no known airport (Wikipedia thinks that lots of people don't live at airports but for the purpose of this game she gets a score of 0) So go ahead and give it a try. Leave your answers in the comments. Wikipedia look up available upon request. I honestly have no idea who will win this but I'm curious.
Comments