Saturday, May 02, 2009

Derby Day

Somehow this day always sneaks up on me. Now, I'm not a gambling man and I don't have any kind of sustained interest in horse racing. But the Kentucky Derby really is a special event. If you've never tuned in and picked a horse to cheer on then you've been missing something. Tune into NBC around 5p (central time) and watch those ponies go!
Here is a list of the horses as well as their odds for winning. Take a look and see if any of the names jump out at you. I'm picking 'Regal Ransom' so pick someone else.

And have fun!

5 comments:

Sarita said...

Without looking at the odds, I choose Nowhere to Hide.

But, as usual, I reserve the right to decide 1/3 of the way through the race.

AML said...

I've been at too many memorable shindigs in the high desert to pick anyone other than "Desert Party", so I'll cheer for that one. :)

DD4 said...

Friesan Fire is my hunch.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I'm pickin' Valentine. Because, on this morning's line, the guy's got him figured at 5:9.

He has a chance. I tell you, he has a chance. The guy says the horse has a chance.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I tell you, I've got the horse. Right. Here.