Saturday, January 24, 2009

Getting together

We hosted a small party today. Several of the girls I went to high school with both live in the area and have young children. We decided to throw a little party and have them over. The benefits were twofold, I got to see them and our children got to meet each other and play together. I almost never get the chance to see Relia with other young children so this was a real treat.
Arrangements were made for a brunch type get together. I secretly invited Kate to join us. She lives in South Dakota so I didn't have much hope that she could attend but she was very excited by the idea. She was our big surprise and everyone was very happy to see her. I don't think I'd seen her since she graduated nearly 18 years ago. (The math just can't be right on that, btw.)
Here we are, the six of us. Back row, Kate (the tall one), me (the bald one) and Laurie. In front is Carrie, Holly and Meigan.
These are our seven daughters. Assuming that every pregnancy is a 50/50 chance between a boy and a girl, do you know what the odds of all seven being girls is? 1 in 128. That is actually a smaller set of odds than the chances of getting several toddlers to sit nicely on a couch for a picture. This was the best one we got.
Relia here pondering Laurie's daughter Elizabeth.
We didn't take too many shots of the adults (and I'm regretting that). Here is one of us brunching. The glowing thing is a box of cupcakes.
Late in the party there was a crawling train through the kitchen. I like this shot because you can see Carrie smiling at them from over the sink. Smiles all around and there was lots of laughing and fun.
The FP Gal posted about this here. It has been a blast reconnecting with lots of people through their blogs and on Facebook. Even better was seeing people in meatspace. We hope to do this again sometime when it's warm. That would be even better.

5 comments:

DD4 said...

What a fun post! The little girls are all adorable. I'm glad you had such a good time. It looks like Aurelia had a great time, too.

Meigan said...

We'll host this summer if y'all want to drive down to Racine! It would be a day full of swimmy diapers & lots of fun. :-)

Sarita said...

Ooooh that would be fun!

carrster said...

Yay! It was a great get together. :)
Thanks for having all of us.

Kate said...

Oh Peder! Thank you so much! I didn't get too many pictures. I just gave up because I was having too much fun just watching and soaking it all in.

Can't wait to do it again!