Monday, January 05, 2009

Anniversary

On this very day three years ago, the FP Gal and I were on the upper deck of a large ship sailing slowly into Key West. A very lovely memory. One odd part of it was a conversation with a man from the south (Georgia) who sympathized with our winter conditions. At one point he went so far as to tut tut that awful freezing rain that we get occasionally.
Little did he know that only three years previously (six years now) I'd had a bit of an experience with that. Well, the scars are mostly faded now and I don't think about it every day anymore. I'm sure it'll fade more and more with time.
Listen, go out and live today very fully. Ok? Do something nice for someone else. Then do something nice for yourself. Give your loved ones a kiss and wish them well. Just live, ok?

3 comments:

carrster said...

Very sweet reminder, Peder.

Hans said...

I would have been fine if that day hadn't happened like that. Six years already...

Kate said...

I knew you'd had an accident, but didn't know what it was. Anniversaries of such things will always be a reminder of our place in the world and how lucky we all are.

I for one (of many, I'm sure!) am so glad that things came out the way they did. You are a bright light. Keep on shining!