Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

Worked today so I didn't watch any of it live. Large numbers of my office (or at least my company) must have been streaming it though because our servers crashed. (We actually had to refrain from surfing for a few hours. The network we book travel on was down for the same reason and it apparently got our phones for a short time.)
It's a great day for the country. The striking image of the week for me was watching Obama speak at the Lincoln memorial. I wish him and his family well.
If I could have picked a place to watch today's events, I would have gone down to the FP Gal's classroom. It sounds like they were very excited. This is living proof to many of them that they can accomplish great things in life. I hope that lesson really sticks with them.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am overjoyed that children and young people are excited and seem to understand what this means. These are exciting times.

And I worked too. I'm sure I broke all kinds of rules by watching it. Everyone else must have been doing it because it froze every three seconds, but at least I got to hear it.

Pat said...

Who is this Barack Obama?? Has anyone heard of him???