Thursday, April 11, 2013

From March of 2011

My intrepid boy is moving all the light furniture around.

Remember today is Squirrel day. If the squirrel pokes its head from the hole in your roof and doesn't see its shadow then we only have four more weeks of parking restrictions.

Great. Now I'm going to have 'Squirrels in my Pants' going through my head all day.

Half shamrock shake, half chocolate shake. All heaven. (Available on request!)

I love that today is both Mardi Gras and International Women's Day.

Last night I had one of those parental thoughts, the kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night and really struggle with it. I thought: Why are there pennies in my bed?

Now that people text while driving, don't worries about simply talking on the phone while driving seem almost quaint?

I'm cleaning the downstairs while Felix roams around the edges and makes more messes. I don't know if I've ever felt more domestic.

While listening to my music in the car today Relia said: "I want to walk on sunshine too!". And then a little bit later: "Is she in outer space?".

The overnight portion of the vacation is over. Small review: The St Paul hotel is overrated and Le Bourget's 24 hour pool is simply wonderful.

I still believe that Gene Hackman's greatest work is in 'The Royal Tenenbaums'.

Actual dialogue from me: "Careful . . . Don't hit your brother with that box! And stop throwing cows at him!"

Having lunch with Felix. I made him some peas but he told me very clearly that he'd rather have my macaroni and cheese.

            

No comments: