Monday, April 15, 2013

From November 2010

I start back to work in a half an hour. It's been a good (nearly) three months off and I feel ready to help people again.


Tummy time always makes me sleepy.
 
How does Disney get every fourteen year old girl to sound like they've been smoking for decades?
 
You know the game where toddlers ask question after question, each one leading them further and further from the original subject? The first one is legitimate and timely, but as they go along you're suddenly trying to define words that they just made upon the spot.
Yeah, I've come to hate that game.
 
Relia is picking out wedding dresses.
 
The trick to a quiet house is making sure the kids get the right amount of sleep. If anyone knows how to perform this trick, please let me know.
 
Went to 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Pacing Issues' today. You know, if you're going to make a 2 1/2 hour movie you should make every attempt to make it *move*. Instead we were treated to overly loving shots of everything. Every line was given as if it was the most precious jewel in existence.
When there was actual story it wasn't bad but far too much of it was simply bloat.
 
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was a good day, though I could have done without the icy roads and the Metrodome unpleasantness.
 
Slow night at work. Actual work related calls: 1. Misdials for 'Dancing With the Stars': more than 10.
 
As soon as I wake up fully and my energy level comes closer to catching up with my daughter, I will feel very thankful.
 
Watching the parade (this is life with children) and the wife wants to know if the Pizza twirling team competes in the Olympics.
 
On the way to Austin today we saw hot air balloons and llamas and were stopped by a train.
 
Now *that* was a heavy diaper.
 
           

No comments: