Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mark Buehrle Interview

This one has a little bit for several members of my family (from SouthSideSox, best WSox site on the web). For Hans:
14a. You seem unflappable on the mound – does anything flap you out in the world?

People driving in the fast lane and not driving fast. They’re holding up traffic. That [upsets] me more than anything. I’ve always wished I could ride with a cop – some of the [off-duty] security guards here, guys could say, ‘Hey, wanna ride along for a while?’ I’ve always wanted to do it, just cruise up and down [Interstate] 55, or whatever, and pull people over and give them a ticket no matter what because I cannot stand it. Even if they’re going the speed limit. Get the [heck] out of the fast lane and leave the fast lane open for guys like me that like to drive fast.
For my lovely wife:
10. If you were pregnant instead of Jamie [his wife], how many months along could you be and still pitch?

[Laughs]. As big as she is ... obviously, any pregnant woman gets big. Probably only a couple, because once that belly gets in your way, it’s not going to be too easy.
And a quote about a kindred spirit of mine:
The worst one would be [Jon] Garland, because I’ve golfed with them a couple times and the cicadas have gotten on him and he kind of freaked out about a cicada being on him. He’s a California guy; he’s not really into having bugs around him.


1 comment:

Hans said...

Mark Buehrle is totally right. I'll spare you all the diatribe on why he's right.