Sunday, July 29, 2007

Too hot

I hate to keep whining about the weather, I really do, but I'm so tired of hot sunny days. What I wouldn't give for some cool, wet, cloudy weather. Seriously, four or five days of nice drizzley weather would hit the spot. And I'm not even pregnant!
Of course in Minnesota when you complain about hot weather in July someone will tell you that you should appreciate it because the cold six months of winter is going to come around. Couple of obvious points, one extreme bit of weather doesn't really make up for another one. There is such a thing as a happy medium. It's perfectly fine to not like 90+ degrees or 10- degrees.
The second thing is that if I had to choose, I'd go with the cold winter day every time. Sure you have to bundle up and make sure you're dressed right outside. So what? These hot days really take it out of you. Just looking at that sweltering sky day after day is exhausting. Ugh.
Anyone know any rain dances?

4 comments:

MamaD4 said...

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in whining about the weather. I much prefer a cold day myself. I hate to sweat. Give me spring or fall anytime. We had a tiny bit of rain this morning, but that was it. It's been still and steamy and gross and it's supposed to be that way all week. If I come upon any good rain magic, I'll send it your way! Looking forward to the cool splendor of the Black Forest!!

DD4 said...

I'm with you, Rachel. I love spring and fall. The hot, sultry summer days are synonymous with a blizzarding winter day - - one must run from the car to a building or vice versa! Thank God for central heating and A/C!

I Love Barbershop said...

I will third that! I will take a nice sunny winter day anytime over the hot, humid summer. Spring and Fall are my favorite.

I think my cousin, Pat is the only person I have ever heard say on a very, very hot, humid day, "Oh, what a beautiful day. This is what summer is all about". Bless her heart, but I have never agreed.

Test said...

Days like these make me glad Claire came early. I can't imagine it. Hope Sarah is staying in the air conditioning.