Monday, July 16, 2007

Random Monday Night Stuff

  • How hard up for good TV was I last night? I started digging through old videotapes to find an old Vikings game. Stumbled across the second preseason game from 2004 and watched the first quarter and a half. Why not more? That's all that you need from the second game of preseason. After that they play the backups.
  • I don't feel at all good about the previous point.
  • I've actually been here before. I never proclaimed myself the emperor though. Probably a wise choice. You can walk around up in the dome. They have arrows that point to various mountain peaks. Kinda cool.
  • Speaking of cool places to go, I picked up a book last week called '1000 Places to See Before You Die'. It lists cool places to see all over the world. Obvious things like world famous monuments and museums. But also regional restaurants and festivals and other things that you've never heard of before you go somewhere. The list of places in Minnesota: The Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
  • Speaking of cool places, I've decided to put up posts for all Seven of the New Wonders. I'd thought of doing something on the best modern equivalents of the ancient list. That may still happen if anyone's interested (or if I get bored enough to go ahead with it anyway). Hope people enjoy them.
  • There are some (small) differences between the Colosseum and the Superdome. Only one has a bad color scheme. The Lions played better at the older one. (This link condemned by the good people of New Orleans.)
  • That's it!

2 comments:

Steve said...

I keep meaning to buy that book. I picked up a copy once and found that I had been to a number of the places without knowing that I needed to see them before I died. Strangely enough though, I have never been to the Iowa State Fair which I am pretty sure is on the list.

Peder said...

It is on the list. Anyone here ever go to that one? Does it compare with the Minnesota Fair? Hard to imagine it does.