Sunday, July 08, 2007

Where did the cinnamon go?

I've noticed a possible crisis that I haven't seen (or read) anything about anywhere. It's becoming harder and harder to find cinnamon anywhere in the candy aisle. Even the old reliable cinnamon tic-tacs are nowhere to be found. Their website is silent.
Off to google news to see what I can find...
  • This is good news. And doesn't banana pudding with cinnamon sprinkled on top sound good?
  • Heresy! They're actually quite good.
  • Hmmm, a history of toast. Didn't know I'd be reading that today. Also a good excuse to link to this. Turn the volume up! Yeah, toast!
  • Why do I care? Because inability to smell cinnamon can be a sign of Alzheimers! Any input you'd like to add, Mom?
  • They've gone through a 25% price increase. Though that seems to have been cleared up. Stupid EU.
Well, no answers tonight. Guess I'll have to dig deeper.

5 comments:

MamaD4 said...

I'm pretty sure there's a shortage of cinnamon because my parents heard that it's good for them, so they have a 20 lb tub of it on the kitchen table...they dip a spoonful out a few times a day. I think they may be hoarding cinnamon.

Peder said...

Well if we run short, I'll know where to go for more.

Brian said...

I think I told you about this... but you would like it.
http://www.kashi.com/ourfood/OrganicPromise/CinnamonHarvest/Default.aspx

Peder said...

Looks tasty. I'll look for it.

DD4 said...

Good news -- my sense of scent is still very alert!
I've got my eyes open for cinnamon treats for you. ~ Mom