Thursday, July 12, 2007

Surprise shower

When I got to work yesterday there were streamers and balloons over my desk. There was also a sign that read 'Congratulations on your upcoming arrival'. Since we're not expecting any company I could only assume that it was about the baby.
The timing was a little funny because there was also an employee appreciation thing going on. They set up three chocolate fountains (white, dark and milk) and there was plenty of stuff for dipping. (I understand they got the idea for the fountains from the Navy.) The timing meant that we got chocolate dipped stuff in the morning and shower cake in the afternoon. Not a place for the faint of blood sugar.
They'd organized the shower last week. All done through email so I never had an idea that it was going on. We got a bath towel with a hood that has a duck embroidered on it. We got a baby medical kit. And...another car seat! Which is kind of a shame since we're pretty well set for the ones we have but the store credit will spend very easily.
My manager wanted to know why the seat was still on the registry. I spent gobs of time reassuring her that it was fine and would all work out just fine. I got home with the stuff (and about six pieces of cake for the FP Gal) and asked what happened with the registry. Apparently Babys R Us doesn't have a smooth update feature for their registers. (More time was spent reassuring the FP Gal that everything was fine.)
A very nice surprise and a good day. I work with some nice people!

2 comments:

DD4 said...

What a nice surprise! Yes, you do work with some great people.

Brian said...

Fun! What a cool surprise.