Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Random Tuesday stuff

Yay a random notes post!
  • Ok, so just yesterday I said that I didn't need a private island. Today I read about this place on Bald Eagle Lake.
    At about 9,000 square-feet, the three-level home includes four bedrooms and seven bathrooms, three fireplaces, the racquetball court, an indoor hot tub and a media room, and multiple decks with views in every direction.
    I could deal with that. Hey Steve, this would give you in island in Minnesota. What more could you ask for?
  • My favorite athlete, KG, is gone. I don't follow the money side of basketball in any degree so I can't argue the good or bad of it, I just know that I'll miss watching him. I take the rules of fandom seriously, and I'd never jump from the Vikings or the White Sox because of a trade but...I'm more of a KG fan than a Wolves fan. So I wish the Wolves well, but I'll be cheering for the Celtics next year (if anyone).
  • I reviewed 'Snow Falling on Cedars' a while back. Really enjoyed it. Very beautiful. Picked up the book (used) and hoped to enjoy that. Nope. Didn't happen. One of those rare books that the movie surpassed. Or maybe it's one that you have to read before watching it.
  • Ingmar Bergman died this week. The only film of his that I saw was 'The Seventh Seal' in which a returning knight famously plays chess with death. Very interesting movie. Lots of glowing reviews around the internet.
  • The featured article on Wikipedia the other day was Kate Bush. She may be the most unusual singer in my CD collection. I find her almost impossible to communicate to other people even though her music touches me. The second half of 'Hounds of Love' is a set of tracks collectively titled 'The Ninth Wave'. It tells a story of a woman struggling to get out of the sea (well, maybe it does, it's hard to tell). It's haunting and unusual and beautiful. Probably my favorite set of songs on any CD.
  • That's it!

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

We've gone through a box of Kleenex here over the KG trade. That would be Hans, not me. I do agree with Hans when he opines that it wasn't a smart move to trade KG...but personally, I really like the guy and think he is possibly the classiest athlete out there in a sea of idiots. He deserves a chance to try to make it to the top with another team. Hans assures me that the Celtics are not that team, but...Kevin gave Minnesota a VERY fair try. He stuck with us for a long time. Anyway. I'm not a big TW fan either, but I liked watching him. We'll still send him a birthday wish on May 19th--he and Joe have the same birthday!

Hans said...

I can't tell you how upset I've been about this nonsense. Well, ESPN won't have to worry about their hero KG festering in fly-over country anymore. As they say on their website, McHale has given his former team a gift. I wonder how long it will take for Glen Taylor to realize that he's wasted the only chance to build a team that he's going to have in the near future. There's only one member of the Timberwolves franchise that needed to be moved and it wasn't KG. The Wolves have now ensured that they will be Toronto for the next few years at least. Too sad...