Sunday, July 15, 2007

MLB Extra Innings

This is the first year since 2002 that I didn't purchase the baseball package from our cable. The package (for those who don't know) lets you watch out of market games. As a non-local baseball fan, this is heaven for me. I probably averaged over 100 White Sox games in the years that I had access to them.
Not so this year (and with a record of 40-50) that may be a blessing. But I've found out how much I missed watching the other games. During a pennant chase, I enjoy keeping an eye on the teams involved. Many is the late night that I've tuned in to West Coast game and watched two innings of a meaningless NL game in a pretty ballpark. Or tuned in to see the Mariners play the A's even though I didn't care who won.
One reason I watch is because they use the local TV feeds so you get commercials from all over the country. Whether it's for the various teams or local real estate agents, it's fun to see different perspectives. And of course, there is the Jack In The Box commercials, which are worth it all on their own.
They currently have a preview of the system going on right now (I'm guessing through Wednesday). That means I've gotten to watch some horrifying bullpen work from my Sox. It also means that I've gotten to watch some Mariners/Tigers games. Right now I'm watching the Red Sox try to come back against the Blue Jays. Good times!

No comments: