Friday, July 27, 2007

Random Friday afternoon stuff

  • We're at two weeks and counting and everything is going well so far. We found out yesterday that the baby is head down (a big plus). I think the baby is dropping (or has dropped), which puts our delivery date sometime in the next couple weeks, three at the outside. There's talk of a pool at work to guess the gender. They can put me down for a boy.
  • Most of the reaction to the names has been positive. A little hesitation on 'Felix', I guess. Just remember that the name will become more attached to our little boy than to any previous characters that had the name. This would be true of any name (I think). If we'd gone with Attila (never seriously considered) it would have been more the name of our sweet son than the 'Scourge of God'. Trust me on this.
  • Speaking of names we're coming up on the football season and I'm starting to get the Pick 'Em League set up and I'd like some name suggestions. Usually I pick something demeaning to our brethren of cheese to the east but I'm trying to be kinder and gentler. Give me something to name the pool, please.
  • Big storm rolled quickly through the cities yesterday afternoon. This led to a breathless news report of capsized boats and people pitched into the lake. Everyone had life jackets and it didn't really sound like a dangerous situation. In St Paul however, there were sewer workers caught by surprise. They've been searching for bodies all day long. What a gruesome way to go.
  • Speaking of death, Mom linked to a story about a cat who is cuddling people to death (or something like that. We've explained to Ozzie and Sana that they are not allowed to steal the baby's breath. They had serious expressions on their faces so I think they understood we meant business.

2 comments:

j said...

I agree with the names. I don't think of syrup at all anymore with Jemima.

Hans said...

How about 'Brett Favre's Boyfriend' as a name for your Pick-Em league? After a while you won't even think about it as a slam against Brett Favre's boyfriend. It will grow on you.